Vanilla Custard Filling
I love this vanilla custard filling in between yellow cake with chocolate ganache on top - boston cream cake. Yum!
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute before removing from heat.
- Stir a few tablespoons of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolk.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the hot milk mixture. Bring mixture back to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until set.
This custard can be served in a glass and enjoyed as pudding or fill a cake. You can vary it by adding chocolate shavings for a nice touch,
More Recipes Like This