|Source||Tiffeny Olson, Fairfield, PA|
Penuche icing is a brown sugar based icing. Great on spice cakes, carrot cake, pumpkin spice cakes, chocalote cake... almost any cake. You will love it!
1. Melt butter in sauce pan over low heat
2. Stir in brown sugar
3. Boil over low heat 2 minutes
4. Stir in milk & bring back to boil stirring constantly
5. Cool to lukewarm (120 degrees F)
6. Gradually stir in confectioners sugar and place pan in cold water & stir until thick enough to spread
This icing lends that homemade, country flavor to cakes that takes you back a few decades to dessert at grandma's house.
More Recipes Like This