Moist White Cake Recipe
This moist white cake recipe achieves a delicate, soft texture by using egg whites versus whole eggs or egg yolks.
For best results, use cake flour without leavening added, and allow all of the ingredients to come to room temperature before starting.
To make the best white cake, most frostings will are complementary, with the exception of chocolate icing, which tends to overwhelm the flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 2-9" pans and line bottoms with wax or parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low for 1 minute. Add half of the flour mixture and beat on low until blended. Add 3/4 c. of the milk and beat again until blended. Add remaining flour mixture and blend on low. Scrape down bowl and beater. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining milk, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Gradually add egg mixture and beat until well blended.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Cool cake in pans for 10 minutes before inverting on to wire racks.
Makes two 9" layer cakes.
More Recipes Like This