Moist Banana Cake Recipe
When you make a really moist banana cake recipe, the flavor can really stand alone. If you would like to frost it, I would suggest using something simple, like buttercream frosting, so not to fight the banana flavor.
A banana cake recipe is a great way to use up bananas that are getting a lot of brown spots. That's when they are at their sweetest.Sometimes, you just can't use up the bananas fast enough...my kids think there's something wrong with them when they have spots. (Maybe, it's just a good excuse to make this tasty cake).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour,baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter.
- Gradually add sugar and beat on high until light in color. Add one egg at a time, beating in between.
- In another bowl, combine the bananas, vanilla extract and yogurt.
- Add 1/3 flour mixture to butter mixture and blend on medium speed.
- Next, add 1/2 the banana mixture. Alternate adding the flour and banana mixture, ending with the flour mixture, and blending until smooth after each addition.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 8" pans. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until surface springs back when touched.
More Recipes Like This