Ice Cream Crunch Cake
|Source||Alex Murphy, Toronto, ON, Canada|
This ice cream crunch cake recipe combines two all-time favorite: ice cream and rice krispie treat to create a pleasant crunch throughout the cake.
12 ozchocolate chips
2⁄3 csmooth peanut butter
6 cRice Krispie cereal
1 galvanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter until creamy and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the melted mixture over the cereal and combine.
- Spread the chocolate cereal on a cookie sheet and cool. When firm, break up the cereal mixture into small pieces.
- Soften the ice cream and fold in all but 1 cup of the cereal mixture.
- Spread the soft ice cream into a 10-inch springform pan.
- Use remaining cereal mixture to make decorative topping, then freeze until hard.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries, if desired. Release the side of the springform pan, slice and serve.
More Recipes Like This