Heavenly White Cake
|Source||Hazel Hunt, Foley, AL|
Heavenly white cake batter begins as a meringue, creating a very light texture to a delicious cake.
2 3⁄4 csifted flour
4 tBaking Powder
1 1⁄2 cwhite sugar
1 tVanilla Extract
1 talmond extract
- Measure sifted flour, baking powder, and salt; sift together three times.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually, and continue beating only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
- Cream butter or margarine.
- Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Mix in flavorings.
- Add meringue, and beat thoroughly into batter.
- Spread batter in a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan which has been lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
This cake may also be baked in two 9 inch round pans for 30 to 35 minutes, or in three 8 inch round pans for 25 to 30 minutes.
More Recipes Like This