Hawaiian Coconut Cake
The hawaiian coconut cake uses coconut milk in addition to regular milk.
2 3⁄4 csifted flour
2 tBaking Powder
1 cbutter (softened)
1 1⁄2 tVanilla Extract
1 1⁄2 talmond extract
1⁄4 ccoconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9" cake pans.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the 2 c.sugar and beat until light.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture. Start and end with the flour mixture, using 1/3 at a time.
- Scrape down beater and bowl. Add the extracts and beat on low until blended.
- Pour batter into the cake pans and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Cool the cakes in their pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire cake racks.
- Combine the 2 Tbsp. sugar with the coconut milk in a small saucepan. Heat on low until the sugar is dissolved. Brush the cooled cake layers with the coconut milk.
More Recipes Like This