Fudge Cake Icing Recipe 2
Fudge Icing is suitable for creating borders and decorations which use a large enough tip to allow any pieces of chocolate to pass through. If you do plan to decorate with this icing, be sure that all the chocolate is completely melted and is thoroughly combined with the rest of the ingredients prior to cooling.
Once the icing is cooled, unmixed melted chocolate will become lumpy and may be caught in the decorating tip. I wouldn't recommend using any writing and stringwork tips with this icing.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the cream and sugar.
- Place the pan over low heat and mix until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Place all the chocolate in a metal bowl. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes before stirring thoroughly.
- Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
- Beat the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Add the chilled chocolate mixture, one third at a time, beating on low speed until combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
More Recipes Like This