Easy Chocolate Cake
This is an easy as pie, easy chocolate cake recipe for a tasty moist chocolate cake that keeps well. It's one of the staples at my cafe. We go through a whole one a day during holidays!
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a 3 cup bowl, whisk. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the flour, baking sode and sugar in a large bowl. Create a well in the middle for the liquids.
- Spray and line your tin now. We use a 30cm round springform tin.
- Add 3/4ths cup of mayonaise to the cocoa mix. Whisk well, then pour into the well in your dry ingredients.
- Using a spatuala, fold the cake mix until no pockets of flour remain. A few lumps are perfectly fine. If you over mix, the cake will peak and crack. This isn't desireable if you wish to ice it later.
- Pour it into prepared tin. Bake at 180 degrees Celcious for approximately 45 minutes.
DO NOT OPEN DOOR for at least the first 30 mins of cooking.
Test with a skewer, it should come out clean. If not, put it back in for 10 minutes at a time.
Once cooked, turn out and ice as desired.
We use a basic chocolate icing to cover the cake, then decorate it with chocolate curls done in dark and white chocolate and a smatter of icing sugar on top.
This cake is great hot or cold. I love it warmed with ice cream on the side.
More Recipes Like This