Chocolate Mocha Cake
|Source||R.Carole Mathews, Upper Glade, WV|
To make chocolate mocha cake, I take a basic chocolate cake recipe and add 1 (one) tablespoon instant coffee to the liquid for the cake. If I am in a hurry, I use the Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge cake mix. If I am not rushed for time I use an old family recipe.
- In a large bowl add softened butter and sugar.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, blend the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add instant coffee disolved in 1/4 cup water along with the 1 cup milk.
- In a small bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, soda and cocoa powder. Mix well and and to large bowl containing liquid ingredients.
- Mix well and pour into a greased and floured 9X13 pan.
- Bake in 350* oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately cover with waxed paper and turn out on a cake board.
- Cover with a tea-towel and let cool. Remove tea-towel and put on cake board and remove waxed paper.
Frost with chocolate, coffee or mocha icing.
More Recipes Like This