Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing 2
|Source||Robert Bosley, Auburn, Washington|
This chocolate cream cheese icing recipe infuses both the flavors of strawberry and coffee with the addition of strawberry jam and a homemade mocha syrup.
- With a hand blender, whip the cream cheese and the butter in a mixing bowl.
- Blend in the milk, vanilla, mocha liqueur salt and strawberry jam.
- Gradually mix in the cocoa and the powdered sugar.
- Whip until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
For the mocha liqueur:
2 cups Boiling water
3 cups White granulated sugar
12 oz Instant coffee
3/4 cup Cocoa
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1 fifth Vodka
1 Vanilla bean, cut into pieces
- Combine 1 cup boiling water and sugar in a heavy sauce pan.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for about 10 minutes to make a thin syrup.
- Add 1 cup boiling water to the instant coffee and stir to dissolve and
- then add it to the syrup.
- Remove from heat and let it cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in the vodka and vanilla.
- Pour into a clean, half gallon jar, cap tightly and store for 3 weeks before using.
More Recipes Like This