Boiled Icing Recipe 2
This boiled icing recipe uses a small amount of corn syrup which speeds up the process a bit of creating a sugar syrup.
2 Twhite corn syrup
- Place corn syrup, sugar and water in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cook covered until the mixture comes to a boil.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites at high speed. While still beating, add 6 Tbsp. of the syrup mixture.
- Continue cooking syrup mixture with the cover until the steam washes the sugar crystals down the sides. Remove the cover and place a candy thermometer into the the syrup. Cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F.
- While still beating the egg whites, slowly add the remaining syrup to the egg whites. Add the vanilla. Continue beating for 4 minutes.
- Frost cake as soon as possible.
More Recipes Like This