Black Forest Cake
|Source||Shamna, Dubai, UAE|
1 hour, 10 minutes
The traditional German black forest cake combines a chocolate cake with a cherry filling infused with Kirsh liquor. This is a virgin version of the recipe.
1. Pre heat the oven to 1800 C (350 degrees F).
2. Grease an 8” diameter baking tin and dust it with flour.
3. Sieve together cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda (sift 2-3 times for better aeration).
4. Soften butter (DO NOT MELT). Add sweetened condensed milk and beat well. Add the vanilla essence.
5. Add flour mixture and seltzer alternately to the batter until all of both are incorporated into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the baking tin (8” diameter) and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen sides of cake, using a knife if necessary. Turnout over a wire rack/plate lined with cloth (to absorb moisture) and cool slightly before cutting horizontally into 2.
8. Drain the cherries' syrup. Soak both cakes halves with cherries syrup.
9. Whip cream and sugar over a bowl of ice and cold water, till light and fluffy.
10. Sandwich the two layers of cake with whipped cream and chopped cherries.
11. Top with whipped cream.
12. Sprinkle generously with grated chocolate and top with cherries
13. Chill and serve.
More Recipes Like This