|Source||Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, NY|
This bittersweet frosting is the most decadent chocolate icing ever. Made a cake with this icing and it turned out to be a winner!
- Melt the chocolate with the butter. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioner's sugar, water and melted chocolate.
- Stir only to dampen the sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the salt and the vanilla and mix well.
Use the frosting as a filling between the cake layers and to frost the top and sides of the cake.
Cover and refrigerate the cake after it is frosted. Remove the cake from the refrigerator and let reach room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
More Recipes Like This