Aunt Mary's Frosting
|Source||Michelle, Henderson, NV|
This is an old-fashioned frosting that is made with scalded milk.
- In mixing bowl combine softened blue bonnet, shortening, and powdered sugar.
- Using hand blender mix until well blended.
- Scald milk.
- Take off heat and add vanilla to the milk.
- Add mixture to sugar mixture.
- Mix with hand mixer on high for about 8 to 10 mins.
- The mixture will look like frosting after about 1 min, but keep mixing.
If it looks like the frosting is separating, then you are almost there. It will come back together and taste wonderful. The trick is to keep mixing it. After Aunt Mary passed no one could make her famous frosting because of how long it takes, but we finally figured it out!
More Recipes Like This