Almond Lemon Buttercream Icing
|Source||Sarah Gresl, Calgary, Alberta|
Almond lemon buttercream is a perfect match for either almond or lemon cake but also works well with vanilla or chocolate.
1⁄3 cvegetable shortening
1 lbconfectioners sugar
1⁄2 tlemon rind (finely chopped)
- Soften about 1/2 a cup of butter.
- Add 1/3 cup of vegetable shortening.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla and lemon rind.
- Then slowly add the icing sugar.
- When the icing gets too thick, add about ten to twenty drops of milk.
- Mix as long as possible to make the icing light and fluffy.
- Finally, add a few drops of almond extract and mix well.
More Recipes Like This