Graduation Cake Contest
Enter your graduation cake for a chance to win an Amazon gift certificate.
|1st Place||$100 Amazon Gift Certificate|
|2nd Place||$50 Amazon Gift Certificate|
|3rd Place||$25 Amazon Gift Certificate|
Your cake may be made with a dummy cake and constructed with non-edible parts; however, it should be decorated with edible mediums. Please use the description area of the photo page to indicate how your cake was made and which mediums were used. Entries that are not related to the contest theme will be removed from the contest. Please only enter graduation cakes. Please only add one photo of the same cake to the contest. You may enter up to 5 cakes in the contest. You must be a member to enter and logged into your account to add your photo to this page. The entry deadline is July 23, 2015 at midnight EST. Member votes will determine the top 5 finalists. At that time, Chef Mitchie Curran will select the winners. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, July 29th.
Enter Your Graduation Cake (You must be logged in to enter). You may also enter by clicking on Gallery from the navigation and then "add to my gallery" when logged in.
Michelle Curran, originally from Atlantic City, NJ, is a self-taught pastry chef and cake/sugar artist. Mitchie has worn many "hats": server, retail management, professional clown, movie extra. After a double dog dare led her to an open mic comedy night, Mitch became a touring comedian.
After 6 years, Mitchie decided the traveling life wasn't for her, so she took a hiatus to finish her Bachelors in Business Management, and while doing so earned an Applied Science degree which brought her into the world of dentistry. Mitchie worked her way up from a dental assistant to a corporate level accounts manager. But 5 years later, couldn't wrap her mind around anything else but cake.
Mitchies Munchies in Las Vegas, NV was born! Mitchie created a private bake shop specializing in custom cakes, apples, and treats. The shop is a fully licensed cottage maker kitchen, open by appointment only, where everything is fresh made per order.
- Is an Isomalt expert and designer for CakePlay, LLC.
- A designer and contributor for Icing Images and Decorate the Cake.
- Appeared on Food Network’s Sugar Dome, season 1, 2012.
- Is a recipient of the AFCU Giveback Award.
- Was named “Best Cake Artist” by Las Vegas Weekly Reader 2012.
- Is a Gold Medalist in the MerciBeauCoup Annual Halloween Cake Challenge –Professional Division.
- Has made several public appearances from red to purple carpets and news broadcasts.
- Her company was named #1 for BEST DESSERTS & 2nd Place for BEST BAKERY by the Las Vegas Review Journal 2013.
- And recently was awarded a Kernel of Kindness grant from Jolly Time Popcorn, to continue her volunteer baking efforts.
Congratulations to our winners!
1st Place: SweetCece11
University of Arizona Graduation Cake
Graduation Cake for a Doctor
Oh, The Places You'll Go
And a great big thanks to Chef Mitchie for taking the time to judge the graduation cake contest!