Designer Print Flower Cupcakes
These designer print flower cupcakes are created by applying a printed icing sheet to fondant. There are so many things you can do printed icing sheets to make any regular decoration more fun.
To make these flower cupcakes, you will need:
- White buttercream icing
- Black and yellow gel paste food colorings
- Plastic mat
- Rolling Pin
- White fondant
- Icing sheets with designer print
- Rose petal cutter Piping gel
- Parchment paper
- White chocolate, melted
- Shortening Knife
- Disposable piping bag
Designer Cupcake Steps:
1.Grease the mat lightly with shortening.
2.Roll out kneaded white fondant to 1/8” thickness.
3. Apply a light coat of piping gel to the surface of the fondant.
|4. Remove the plastic backing from the icing sheet. Lay it over the gel covered area and smooth it with your hands.|
|5. Cut out 5 petals for each cupcake. Keep your cuts as close together to one another as possible to avoid waste and rolling out more than necessary.|
|6. Be sure to push down firmly on the cutter on all sides to make sure you go all the way through the icing sheet and fondant cleanly.Wiggle the cutter slightly to ensure a clean cut.|
|7. Pull away the excess fondant.|
|8.Lift one petal at a time and bend the rounded end in toward the center of the petal. In your fingers, you will now have two ends of the petal which need to be pinched together.|
|9. Lay each petal to dry on the parchment paper.|
|10. When the flower petals are dry, you will assemble them to make a flower. Using a small amount of white chocolate, start by putting two petals together side by side. Continue this process until you have 5 petals together.|
11. To make the petals more sturdy, place a small amount of white chocolate on top of parchment paper. Lay the assembled flower down in it so the center of the flower is over the white chocolate. Allow the chocolate to harden and then trim any excess chocolate that is visible from the top and side views of the flower.
12.Color some fondant yellow. Roll a small ball of yellow fondant to fit in the center of the flower. Stick it to the center with a small dot of white chocolate. Mark the center of the flower using a knife to create a crisscross pattern.
13. Take a butter knife and dip it into the black gel food coloring. Smear a line of food coloring in the piping bag, going straight up from the tip of the bag to about 2/3 of the way up.
14. Cut a large hole on the end of the piping bag and fill the bag with the buttercream icing.
15. Pipe a ring of buttercream on the cupcake, beginning with the outside edge, going in a circular motion and moving towards the center. (You should see the black and white swirling together like a vanilla and chocolate mixed soft-serve ice cream cone).
16. Place the completed flower in the center of the cupcake.
Icing Images has over 1600 designs available through their iDesigns software to print out on icing sheets. You can create an endless number of variations of these designer print flower cupcakes by choosing one of their prints or by uploading one of your own to print out.
More Articles Like This