Christening Cake Decorating Ideas
Christening cake decorating ideas often feature the cross and come in pastel shades. Although this cake was made for a boy, simply switching the clue to pink makes it suitable for a girl's christening.
You will need:
- 14" round cake board
- 2 - 12" cakes
- buttercream icing
- blue or pink food coloring (for a boy or girl)
- tips #2,16,22
- Place cake on cake board. Fill and frost cakes with white buttercream icing.
- Fill a pastry bag with either blue or pink buttercream frosting. Use tip #2 to draw a cross in the center of the cake.
- Fill another pastry bag with white buttercream frosting. Use tip #2 to draw a dot outline around the cross.
- Use either blue or pink icing to create smaller dots on top of the dot outline, also with tip #2.
- Cover the top of the cake with white cornelli lace, using tip #2, except for the inside of the cross.
- Using tip #16, pipe a ruffle border around the top edge of the cake. (The technique for the ruffle is the same as for the shell, except the tip is wiggled while piping).
- Using tip #22, pipe a ruffle border around the base of the cross cake.
- Using either pink or blue icing, pipe dots in between the ruffles on the top and bottom borders, using tip #2.
- Using tip #2 and either pink or blue icing, surround the cross with wave design.
- Write message on the cake with the #2 tip, using either blue or pink icing.
If you have any christening cake decorating ideas, please submit them to our gallery.
More Articles Like This